Root Canal Treatment in Delta, BC
Pain relief at the first visit
Signs you need a root canal include:
- Serious teeth pain when eating or when you put pressure on the area.
- Tenderness or swelling in the gums near the area of teeth pain.
- A small, pimple-like bump on the gums near the area of teeth pain.
- Darkening of the tooth.
- Teeth pain and sensitivity to hot or cold that lingers after the hot or cold stimuli have been removed.
- Pain that wakes you up at night or keeps you up at night
Root Canal Therapy
Once upon a time, if you had a tooth with a diseased nerve, you’d probably lose that tooth. Today, with a special dental procedure called root canal therapy, you can save that tooth. Inside each tooth is the pulp which provides nutrients and nerves to the tooth, it runs like a thread down through the root. When the pulp is diseased or injured, the pulp tissue dies. If you don’t remove it, your tooth could get infected, and you could lose it. After the dentist removes the pulp, the root canal is cleaned and sealed off to protect it. Most of the time, it is a relatively simple procedure with little or no discomfort. Best of all, it can save your tooth and your smile!