Preventing Coronavirus at Our Dental Clinic
We are happy to say that we are once again open for all dental procedures and are delighted to welcome you back!
With the COVID-19 pandemic impacting Canada, the most important thing right now is to take care of ourselves and to come together as a community to take care of one another. At Tsawwassen Family Dental, the health of you and your family is always our priority, and in light of the current pandemic we are putting new measures into place to keep our clients, staff, and community safe and healthy.
A lot of people are unsure right now of exactly what social distancing means in terms of important health-related activities such as visiting the dentist. Our clinic is diligently following all guidelines from the College of Dental Surgeons of B.C, World Health Organization, the BC Centre for Disease Control, and the Public Health Agency of Canada. For those who require dental services in the coming weeks, we are taking the following precautions to promote the safest possible environment.
Here are the Precautions We’re Taking:
- Increased frequency in cleaning of all medical equipment.
- All patients are pre-screened for COVID-19 over the phone and then screened again upon arrival to the clinic.
- Patients will have their temperature taken upon arrival to the clinic.
- Patients will be taken immediately into the operatory and will be given a mouth rinse.
- Each operatory now privatized by glass to limit transmission of aerosols.
- Air purifiers located in each operatory.
- New gowns are worn by our clinical team for each patient.
- Multiple cleanings of the reception/clinic space each day, including sanitizing all germ hotbeds like door handles, keyboards, point of sale machine, etc.
- As a proactive measure, our dentists decided last minute not to attend the Pacific Dental Conference from March 5th-7th. No staff from our clinic attended the conference.
- Rearranged our reception area so that visitors have more personal space.
- Temporarily removed unnecessary touch items from the waiting area.
- Made more forms available to complete online.
Here’s What We Ask You to Do:
- Upon arrival, please wait in the parking lot and give a quick call to our receptionist (1.604.943.9222) who will tell you when to come in.
- Wear a mask when you visit the clinic.
- Greet us and one another with a friendly wave instead of a handshake.
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer (we have plenty on hand!) frequently.
- Avoid touching your face (unless you’ve just washed your hands).
- Don’t come to the clinic if you have any symptoms or feel at all sick, even if it’s just a cold or allergies.
- If you have to cough or sneeze, do so into your elbow.
- Don’t come to the clinic if you’ve been travelling outside of the country in the past 14 days.
- Don’t come to the clinic if you’ve been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 1-604-943-9222.